My three most recent adventures in the kitchen. . .
1)I made a chocolate cake for Don and Dustin's Over the Hill Party. Dustin requested a sheet cake like I had made previously, so I pulled out that recipe book. It was a really good recipe, but it makes a HUGE cake, so I decided to try the recipe on the facing page since it was pretty similar. The recipe book was the one we got from Nauvoo; all the contributors were the senior sister missionaries. How appropriate that this recipe was entititled "Husband Catching Cake." (I'll be sure to let Sis. Brown know if it works! =) It turned out really good; could've been a little more moist, and it was pretty dense, but it tasted rill good. The trick to this one was buttermilk. Did you know you can create buttermilk by combining vinegar and milk and letting it sit for a while?
2)For our fireside tomorrow night, I made pumpkin chocolate chip cookies. My roommate taught me this recipe . ..1 spice cake mix, 1 can of pumpkin, 1 bag of chocolate chips. 350 degrees, 10 minutes, and you've created a masterpiece. Thanks, Kari!! =)
3)Our council is having a potluck breakfast-for-dinner tomorrow. I volunteered to bring cinnamon rolls because I wanted to try my friend Aubrey's recipe. You use frozen bread dough; follow the instructions for the quick rise, roll it into strips, smother with butter and cinnamon sugar (and nuts if you want), roll it up and bake for a few minutes. Top with cream cheese frosting, and you've got melt-in-your mouth goodness.
I've officially found another favorite place of mine . . .=)
3 comments:
You're makin' my mouth water. Sounds delish.
Aubrey Potter? Her cousin's in my ward. hahaha ;-)
Is Aubrey Potter related to Barbie Potter that used to live in the ward when Lisa lived in the condo?
All those desserts sound yummy -- foods I definitely do not need!
No, Mom. She only has one brother, and he was in Heidi's ward before he left on his mission.
The cinnamon rolls could've turned out better . ..they were still pretty doughy. The other two were definitely a hit, though!
Post a Comment