3.09.2009

A Prickly Sensation

I was running a little late this morning, so I was bookin' it to my first class. My legs were still a little sore from the 5K on Saturday, but I figured they hurt because I was walking rill fast. I was a couple buildings away from the HFAC when my left knee started . ..well prickling. I thought maybe it was my muscles protesting, so I figured it would go away. I got to my first class, and I totally forgot about it.
Then, when I was going to my next class, String Workshop, I felt that weird prickly tickly sensation again. Curious as to what it might be, I felt my knee, and there was this narrow bump that I could feel through my jeans. It was pretty thin, but it was about 7 inches long. Weird, I know, right? I couldn't figure out what it could be.
"Whitney," I said to one of my friends in class, "there's something weird in my pants." She gave me a look that said, "That's an awkward way to start a conversation . . ." Then, I took her hand and made her feel my leg. We were both wiggin' out 'cause it was the weirdest thing to feel in my pants. For the life of me, I couldn't figure out what it was . ..I thought maybe it could've been the wire lining from my laundry hamper that somehow came out in my last load of laundry.
Luckily, I had time to step out to the bathroom to retrieve the object before class. You'll never believe what it was. It was a pine needle! And not just a lame double one either . ..a rill live triple pine needle . . .in my pants!! How the heck did it get there?!
I gave it to Whitney as a gift.
She promptly threw it away. =)

4 comments:

Heidi said...

Haha. At first I was just picturing your knee as having fallen asleep. That's odd that you got a pine needle in your pants.

Jennifer said...

haha. Those can hurt - more than just prickles.

LaRae said...

There's something weird in my pants -- that is a weird way to start a conversation! You silly goose.

Mandy | Baking with Blondie said...

that is freakin' hilarious!