So, Heidi and I convinced Mom that our project today should be to get rid of extranneous wall decor in the house today. Starting in Mom's office . . .here's what we found:
Okay, so the little paddle lookin' thing is actually from the kitchen, but it's just as hideodorous. Our other favorites in the office were a way old version of the YW theme with pen marks all over it and stuffed handprint thingys from 4 of Mom's kids. I found out that Mom used to belong to a craft club; every month she'd get a package of supplies and instructions to make certain crafts. I'm pretty sure her entire office was decorated in those tacky crafts.
So, after going around the house, somehow I realized the second time passing through the living room that we had somehow passed over this little gem.
Um .. . .right. My favorite thing about this one is how totally random and ugly everything in all these compartments is. Mom claimed she loved the shape of the octagon thing, so she found things to put in it. I didn't even let her consider keeping it because even if she did like the shape and took out this ugly stuff, . .. she's prolly refill it with more ugly mismatched stuff. Notice the broken hands of the praying boy . . .
The changing of the wall decor wouldn't be complete without playing our little game . ..namely, swapping decorations or items around the house waiting for Mom to notice and laugh. This game started a few years ago when we were taking down Christmas decorations, and occassionaly we like to play it again. But when you have a pile of ugly wall decor that we're getting rid of . ..oh, it makes the game so much more fun! Here's a couple of my personal favorites:
(featuring the lovely Young Women rainbow thing that used to hang in the Master bedroom)
.. .and this one . . .
(That's a little picture of me with painted pasta on the homemade frame . .. also from Mom's office. I'm pretty sure I made that in girl scouts.) I also put the Steeles in the bathroom, and I swapped the wheat thing from Mom's office (see above picture) with the fake flowers in her bathroom.
And if that wasn't enough for today . . ..we also cleaned out Mom's clothes!! Here are some great gems we found there . . .
This is a lovely pantyhose holder from Aunt Lynette. If you look closely, you can see the little pocket where you put stuff in. Can you believe there were still panty hose in there?!
How about this dress here:
Does this dress ring a bell to anyone? Let's add some peeps, and see if you see what I'm seeing! =)
12 comments:
You should save the dress just so you can wear it for a Halloween costume someday. Awesome.
I loved the post! Hopefully you and Heidi had tact and weren't offending Mom as you got rid of and laughed at stuff you got rid of!
Nope - the dress is not a Halloween costume. And when you (or they as in this case) catch me in the right mood, most anything that gets chosen to get tossed out doesn't offend me because I have been caught in the throw-away mood. It surely feels good to get rid of stuff!
Ha! I see someone hiding behind you in the chair (in Mom's dress) in both pictures! Obviously the picture of Spencer had to be floating in the air somehow....
Okay, Mike and I laughed rill hard. I especially liked the pasta shell replacement picture. And I knew exactly what you were portraying from the very first picture in Mom's engagement dress. It cracked me up that you even did your hair like hers. Very funny post!!!
You make a very scary looking preggo gal. I'm pretty sure that if it were for real, you would have fallen over forward.
Will this girl ever up date her blog?
For rills. I swear -- Rebecca's blog has been the same for months now.
The next post she does will prolly be in Spanish.
Mark my words.
NEW POST NEW POST NEW POST NEW POST NEW POST. I mean what have you been on a mission..... geeze I predict it will be this month... maybe next that she will finally post something new.
Yeah, Bec. Let's get to postin' here. Do you even remember that you have a blog??!
Write a new post already! We be's a waitin'!
Post a Comment