2.13.2011

Couch Potato

So, the next few weeks for me will be relatively .. .unbusy. In honor of my couch potato status, I would like to share a few favorite experiences of sleeping on the couch.
1. In our house in Texas. I had an era in my childhood when I was scared to sleep in my bed. Why . ..who knows. Maybe Heidi smelled bad. Or maybe my bed was uncomfortable. Or maybe I overheard Dad snoring. Dunno, really. But sometimes, I'd sneak out and sleep on the living room couch facing the front door. My only fear: that a robber would break in the front door during the night.
I was a brilliant child.
2. In my current apartment, Thanksgiving 2008. Mom came to visit, but I convinced her to stay the night here since all my roommates were out of town. We slept on the couches. I had the little one, and although it was comfy, it was way too small. My body was all crinkled when I woke up.
3. In Mom's missionary apartment. The air mattress was just too cold. Plus also, Mom had left her scriptures there after reading them. And I was too lazy to inflate the air.
4. In the Hansen's home. Only they don't believe in heaters, so I was pretty cold. But I used Emily's fake-animal print blankets.
5. At my friend Hannah's apartment. We started watching a movie, and I fell asleep in the opening credits. I woke up at 3 am, and then drove home, picking up some of Hannah's stuff that she left at my apartment to take it back to her.
I'm sure there are many other occasions, like the I-was-reading-a-book-and-it-put-me-to-sleep. Futons? Well, that's another story . . .But, I must admit . . .some couches are pretty comfortable. =)

4 comments:

Lisa Merkley said...

Good thing they're comfy because that's where you'll be sleeping when you come here. :)

Emily said...

Yeah, and futons shouldn't really be discussed by you... Remember how you peed on the one in Jackson Hole because you were laughing so hard?! Good thing YOU were the one to sleep on it the rest of the trip - well, I'm sure you did BECAUSE of the pee incident! :)

Jennifer said...

You're going on another trip, Boog??

Spencer said...

I was totally going to mention the Jackson Hole incident! Em beat me to it. I had just told the exact same story to Whitney before I clicked to read the comments.