3.17.2011

Sister Chronicles #4

In honor of my love for sisterhood, I'd like to present a very dear sister and friend of mine.
Maria Belen Chipana

She made me laugh every single day. We talked like parrots. We imitated some of our "special" investigators. We made faces to each other at meal times. We wrote to some missionaries in Mom's mission, and we sent them a really foul picture of us. We took care of each other when we were sick. Like when she had a fever. And when I threw up. You know that good feeling you get at baptisms? She would say, "It's like we're totally in love!!" And then every night when we went to bed, she told me to dream with my dream boy. . . .whoever he was! We'd wear matching goofy earrings. We made a gag gift for our district leader's birthday which included a painted t-shirt, a Jehovah's Witnesses' Bible study book, and a maxi pad. I'm pretty sure we laughed so hard that we wet our pants. We'd sing songs from The Sound of Music. There was a lady who passed our window at lunch every day, and we'd say her name out the window in a very creepy sort of way . .. YOLANDA!! Needless to say, we avoided the street corner where she sold pudding . . .haha.

But besides all the funny stuff, she worked hard. She was honest and direct with everyone we taught. She was a very diligent student of the Gospel. She was very realistic, but she also has tons of faith. She's obedient to what she puts her mind to, which is quite a lot. She was very self-confident and very loyal. She wrote me a nice note every week after we weren't companions because she promised she'd to it. We wrote so regularly in our journals and we worked on our Personal Progress. She always prayed for her mom, who to this day knows the Gospel is true but can't give up smoking. She's an excellent missionary; she's trained 4 new missionaries.


Why am I writing this blog post? 'Cause I miss that girl!! And she doesn't come home until June. Guess I gotta wait s'more . . .
p.s. I didn't find one normal picture of the two of us. But we laughed so hard together, these type of pictures became normal!

No comments: