I think I'm finally understanding why I chose and was well suited toward my major. It's not so much the education and music and children part, although those are all definitely a plus.
It's the small but sure group of people that comprise this forever long major. There's some unique experience that each person in my class brings toward our group. Our wide variety of struggles spans from financial, family deaths, raising a family as a single parent, suffering with depression or self-esteem issues, academic struggles, and other little things. I never would've known three years ago when I decided on this major that I would learn so much and become so close to the people within my major. I think I'm just barely scratching the surface of discovering why I was directed to this major. I think back on how much we've grown as educators and as individuals within our classes, but I also ponder on how we've grown quite literaly as a family. Like how Sis. Kenney always made us feel so on the spot, we had to learn self-confidence. Or how Bro. Jaccard constantly reminds us of how education is an eternal goal and process. I think of playing African drums at UMEA, or working out to a Tae-bo video. And visiting schools and music preschools. And Smart Cookie outings. And visits to the hospital and frolicking in the grass . . ..these seem like the tip of the iceburg of how close we really bond. I don't know or care what I end up doing as a career, but there is one thing I know for sure. I am supposed to be in this major. The Lord put us together for this reason; we are the people we need to and can learn from the most. And for that, I give thanks.
1 comment:
Becky, you're amazing. You have such wonderful insights and connection with the spirit. You will be an awesome missionary!
Post a Comment