I love my calling as the music chair. As part of that, I'm the ward choir director. I'm really excited to be able to use my skills, and not to sound prideful, but I think I'm probably the best qualified person in the ward to lead the choir.
But I am so nervous! Why?! I feel like I have to plan everything in advance . ..which pieces we're doing, how I'm going to warm up the choir, when we're singing in Sacrament Meeting, who will be my accompanist, who's going to come, how well they sing, blah, blah, blah. I'm sure the choir will be great (given it is a ward choir), but I feel like I have such big shoes to fill. Because I know so much about music, and after watching Sis. Weidmann do an excellent job as a ward choir director, I feel like I have a responsibility to be the absolute best I can be because that's what I envision. Yeah, I can be better than previous ward choir directors in this ward, but I want the people to have fun and enjoy it, too. Angst. I've spent the last hour or so trying to choose some pieces and make lists of ideas to use with the choir, and I'm still a little anxious about it. What if they don't like me? What if I go over the top? I tend to to that with things, you know. (Take school for instance . ..).
Will you just reassure me that it will be okay?!? Why am I so nervous about this?!
3 comments:
Don't worry. You'll do fine. Just put what you know into practice.
I reassure you -- it will be okay.
You will do great. You have the skills, and you can also get the help from the Lord. Be sure you depend on him and don't do it all yourself. It's like him helping a missionary know what to say at a time when needed, but he can help much better if the missionary has studied the scriptures and knows where to find them.
Post a Comment