3.24.2009

Study Break

I'm trying not to get overwhelmed with the loads
of school work I still have yet to do before the semester ends.
So, I'm finding the bright spots in the steady stream
of academic work. Take tonight as an example;
I'm doing the reading for my online health class because
I have a test coming up in that class. The chapter I was
reading on tonight was about the integration
of mind, body, and spirit, and surprisingly
(for being a health class), the lesson was infused
with spiritual discussion. Like this quote by Elder Packer
that I read and absolutely love:
"No greater ideal has been revealed than the supernal truth that we are children of God, and we differ, by virtue of our creation from all other living things. No idea has been more destructive of happiness, no philosophy has produced more sorrow, more heartbreak and mischief; no idea has done more to destroy the family than the idea that we are not the offspring of God."
Isn't that the greatest thing ever?
For some reason the piles of homework and papers and
projects and tests don't intimidate me anymore
because I already know of the greatest truth
I could ever learn--that I am a daughter of God.
As long as I've known that fact, any time I revisit it,
the truth of it rings louder and brighter in my
. ...well, in my body, mind, and spirit. =)
How does this truth make you feel?

1 comment:

LaRae said...

The color of the writing on top of the background made it hard to read, but what I could see was pretty profound. I love your attitude on life even when you are busy, you find things to be happy about and things to enjoy.