Make new friends, but keep the old . .one is silver and the other gold . . .
Well, I've never figured out which ones are the silver ones because to me, they're all golden friends! Since coming home from my mission, I've had the opportunity to catch up with several of my dear old friends. Here's just a sampling . . .
This is Lisa, Sarah, and Tara . ..good old friends from the BYU Clarinet Studio. Well, I guess Lisa's a trumpet player, but we still consider her an adopted member of the Clarinet Studio. This was at Sarah's recital, and yes .. .Tara always makes faces like that! =)
Here's a somewhat okay picture of a group of us from the 2008 Nauvoo Brass Band. Marie, Sis. Blackinton, Shanda, LIsa, Dr. Blackinton, Sophie, me, and Jordan. We hadn't seen each other in a while 'cause we all went on missions !=)


Friends from my Elementary Music Education classes. The first picture is Jessica and me at Rachel's wedding, then it's a picture of Jessica, Evan and me at 31-cent ice cream night at Baskin Robins. Then it's Jessica and me again with Christina. The five of us all started out together in the classes, yet we've all taken different routes. Jessica graduated in the program, Rachel's doing ElEd after serving a mission, Evan's doing a BA in Music, and Christina (a single mom of 5 and one of my personal heroes!) is studying Music Therapy at Utah State. Where will I end up? =)
My MTC teacher and companions (Jessica, Lisa, and Rachel) at Lisa's wedding. Now it's a race to see who will be next! Haha.. . .NOT me!
Friends from Midland: McKenna Stevens Nordin (a sister missionary who lived with us) and her parents, and our recent convert friend Steve Corder. We all went to the temple together.
My dear Music Ed Major friend Lily Ferguson. With the passing of time, we see each other less and less, but we love each other more and more. From May 2008-January 2011, we overlapped serving missions, so it had been a while since we had seen each other. And the amazing thing is . ..we wrote to each other during that whole time!

Here's Christina and Jessie and me. We were friends in the clarinet section in Marching Band and Wind Symphony Tour during the 2006-2007 year. Jessie's graduated and working, Christina is a mommy, and I'm still finishing out school. Both of them married boys that they met on the 2007 tour. Maybe I ought to go on tour with the Wind Symphony again-third time's the charm, right? ;)
Next post . ..new friends! =)
2 comments:
Europe is an enchanting place! Especially Belgium and the Netherlands - I say go for it! ;)
Yay - I love friends, both new and old!
Post a Comment