9.03.2008

Condo Celebration!

So, for the last year I've lived in the condo, we've suffered two rather large inconveniences.
a) Our kitchen table (which has been here since Lisa lived here) is glass and octagonal. Firstly, who ever wants a table that shape?? Secondly, the base doesn't attach well to the top, and the base itself is held together with duct tape. For more reasons than one, we covered that ugly table with a tablecloth.
2) Our dishwasher. Shortly after I moved here, we discovered a puddle of moldy water at the bottom of our dishwasher after each load. Foul, if I do say so myself. So, every cleaning check and move-out, we requested a working dishwasher. At times it would smell so awful, I'm sure it killed any small creatures within a 2 mile radius. Alas, our request for a working dishwasher always resulted in drainage of the old water, allowing us to run another load .. .which still left sitting water. No. We hand washed all of our dishes and used it as a very large drying rack.

Ok, so with new roommates this fall, we discussed some household items. I decided to take the initiative to send an email to Debbie, our management lady, and Mom, the owner, requesting these changes. The miracle of it all is that it actually worked!! I sent the email on Sunday, and I got a response yesterday saying the new dishwasher would be delivered tomorrow! And what a beauty she is! The table is being picked out, and I have complete confidence that whether it be round or square, it will at least have four sturdy legs and be built out of wood. I guess co-sending that email to the owner really does the trick! =)

3 comments:

LaRae said...

Yay -- I guess joint complaints from tenants, and specific requests to fix the complaints from the owner get things happening. You'll actually have to get back in the habit of loading a dishwasher with dirty dishes rather than clean ones.

Jennifer said...

So, my question is, exactly what unsuccessful method did you use before in requesting the changes? Only email to one person? Phone call instead of email? Smaller font on your emails than this time?

Congrats!! It's about time. (The duct tape has been holding the legs for 3 years now. My roommate right after my mission put it there. And, I believe it's also had a tablecloth on top for the entire three years.)

Emily said...

...we'll take the old dishwasher... right now we are living on four hands... j/k!