1) I get to play Eb clarinet in the Philharmonic Orchestra. I love working with Kory Katseanes!! It rocks. Although I keep saying I never want to play Eb again, because I have experience I get chosen to do so. It's worth playing that nasty beast to be in the top orchestra at BYU.
2) I'm teaching beginning band?!? Yes, 'tis true. As part of my elementary music class, we take an hour or two a week to visit an elementary school class to observe and teach, etc. So most people in my major specialty are vocalists, but Bro. Jaccard, knowing that I was an instrumentalist asked if I would be willing to help out with a beginning band at Wasatch Elementary School starting in October. I have no idea if I'm teaching multiple instruments, playing with them, directing them . ..who knows . ..but I am teaching beginning elementary band. I didn't even know those things existed! More updates later on that one when it comes around . .. .
3) On Wednesdays for my String Workshop class, we go and play with the New Horizons Orchestra, a community beginner orchestra strictly for seniors. Seriously, the age limit is over 40. Our first day is tommorow, and I'm rill excited . ...violin, plus fun music ed friends, plus a whole slew of musical old people?!? What can be better than that!
4)I got a Reese's shake at Macey's tonight. It was yum.
No comments:
Post a Comment