Are you familiar with Bill Cosby's sketch where he tries making his children cake for breakfast? Yeah, well I did something along those lines today.
I started every holiday like I should .. .by sleeping in. I ate a granola bar at around 10, and then I did alot of stuff at the computer .. emailing, updating blogs, paying class fees, etc. Upon resurfacing upstairs, two of my roommates invite me to go to lunch and a movie with them in a couple of hours. Excited to hang out with them, I agree. Knowing that's in a few hours, I decide to have a little snack to tide me over.
You see, Kristy's birthday was Saturday, and she had a huge leftover chocolate cake and ice cream, which she pawned upon us as roommates to finish. I think I was a little over-anxious for sweets after having not eaten them for a whole month, so I fix myself a serving. It was delicious. I heated it up so the ice cream and chocolate filling would melt to absolute perfection. Yum!
Until about an hour or so later. I'm running errands with Heidi on campus, buying books, stopping in at the TC for work, trying to get a parking permit, etc., and I felt every ounce of sugar from that cake. And let me tell you . ..it did not feel well. At all. I had to call and cancel going with my roommates for an afternoon of Asian fun to go home and take a nap, hoping with all hope that my stomach would recover from this sugar overload. I think I've definitely learned my lesson .. .no more feasting after a famine. =)
7 comments:
Only you who eats so little anyway would call that (cake and ice-cream) a feast!! Yes, I know you just finished a no sweets month, but ... (I guess that would be the reason you got sick). You need to eat more than a granola bar for breakfast! I hope you get to feeling better, however. Was the bookstore open on Labor Day? You mentioned buying your books...
The date & time of the posts, and the name of the person who commented (those tiny subtitles) are really hard to read with the color scheme you've got going!!!!
I'm with Jennifer on all accounts. Except I was the only one lucky enough to experience your "about to puke" mode. Gross. I mean... I hope you feel better, but you brought back memories of when I'd wake up to puking sounds because you had to barf to get rid of your migraine headaches. I still love you, Beckie!! :) And thanks for driving me today.
Hey, you've been tagged! (See my blog...)
Sorry you didn't feel well. But . . . on a positive note, I think you deserve a huge congratulations on staying away from sweets for a whole month. I can't say I have ever done that!
I'm pretty sure I had a month of no desserts (so, I don't know if I had treats at other times) one of the months during Winter Semester while I was in the dorms. Now that was hard seeing the desserts every day!!
So, can we call that incident "getting your just desserts"?
Post a Comment